Tesla Style Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malimal

Reaction score
Looks nice, but seems like you use lose a lot of OEM features.

Last edited:

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in Maryland…just spoke to an authorized LinksWell dealer/installer. $1500 for the unit with a flat $250 installation charge (estimated 3 hrs). Purchasing through an authorized dealer gets you a 3-year warranty (parts and labor).

Per the dealer, LinksWell has not integrated satellite radio into the unit so you would have to stream SiriusXM over your phone and through the unit. Since the unit is so much larger than my OEM HU (2021 Expy XLT), all of the climate controls come through the LinksWell and the factory controls removed.

I’m calling LinksWell today (they are in Cali) to speak to them directly before making a decision.

Any idea if as 2021 can be retrofitted with the latest factory option similar to this?

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Linkswell. Their part number for 2018-2021 Ford Expedition is TS-FDED12-1RR-5B.
Currently, it is not available and has a 60-90 day wait on it.

arock

Reaction score
Anyone know if these systems are compatible with the B&O system? I know some of these android based systems have built in DSP's and seem to work with some factory amplified systems.

TheAngryOgre

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arock,
Maryland authorized dealer asked me two questions when ordering my unit...did I have the B&O sound system and did I have a 360 camera? If you do, an additional module must be ordered with the unit to support it. I don't have either so I require only the case unit.

malimal

Reaction score
Arock,
Maryland authorized dealer asked me two questions when ordering my unit...did I have the B&O sound system and did I have a 360 camera? If you do, an additional module must be ordered with the unit to support it. I don't have either so I require only the case unit.
hmm...i wonder if the additional module helps support other features as well. Maybe I will give them a call.

jjazz

Reaction score
I would not recommend this head unit. I've had a Gen IV in mine for less than 2 years and decided today to replace it because of the numerous issues:
- Screen drops randomly while driving, not a reboot, just blank screen and loss of audio. They gave me a patched firmware which resolved it for a while, but it's back
- If you use iOS for Carplay, the ZLink app is temperamental: random disconnects, pairing issues, etc
- Climate Controls randomly fail. In the winter the heat will not engage or AC in the summer, requires a battery disconnect, it works for a while, rinse & repeat
- Opinion: Touchscreen is so so and UI is pretty rough.

The dealer that I got mine from in PA said they don't use them anymore because of several reported issues like this. They're doing a custom install with a Sony XAV-9500ES. I would suggest something similar, slightly higher cost due to some custom fabrication, but less issues. Happy to report back along w/photos after the replacement is complete if there's interest.