Tesla Style Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malimal

Reaction score

Stanky

Reaction score
I would not recommend this head unit. I've had a Gen IV in mine for less than 2 years and decided today to replace it because of the numerous issues:
- Screen drops randomly while driving, not a reboot, just blank screen and loss of audio. They gave me a patched firmware which resolved it for a while, but it's back
- If you use iOS for Carplay, the ZLink app is temperamental: random disconnects, pairing issues, etc
- Climate Controls randomly fail. In the winter the heat will not engage or AC in the summer, requires a battery disconnect, it works for a while, rinse & repeat
- Opinion: Touchscreen is so so and UI is pretty rough.

The dealer that I got mine from in PA said they don't use them anymore because of several reported issues like this. They're doing a custom install with a Sony XAV-9500ES. I would suggest something similar, slightly higher cost due to some custom fabrication, but less issues. Happy to report back along w/photos after the replacement is complete if there's interest.
Which one did you have? The Phoenix or the Linkswell?