Thank you AdvanceTrac!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate me, but I'm just getting into the SUV after being on my camp chair here at Lake Merced here in San Francisco. It's about 64 degrees, we had some rain yesterday, but not the hell you guys are enduring. Oh yeah no wind either.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today it was -13F by the Expy temp sensor while I was scraping the windshield. Then I must have hit some cold air on the commute that dropped it to -18F. Can't wait for the upper 40s coming in a few days. I never thought I would feel like that was warm but I may be wearing shorts that day. LOL

I'm sure the midwest or Canada guys got much colder temps.

Edit don't mind the ford quality. That button fell off & never did find it to glue back on. It works without it but it's not pretty.

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate me, but I'm just getting into the SUV after being on my camp chair here at Lake Merced here in San Francisco. It's about 64 degrees, we had some rain yesterday, but not the hell you guys are enduring. Oh yeah no wind either.

Maybe putting up with all the fruits & nuts is worth it for that weather. I lived in FL 19 years and recently moved to NY from Alabama. It's not fun but walking the dogs and gearing up has allowed us to acclimate.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cold in New York gives new meaning to your neuterd male pups, of freezing your nuts off! Sorry, that was bad.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I drove in 2H instead of 4H as the roads are getting better...while still many being compacted snow they are clear.

I know it’s done but I couldn’t live with a 2WD in this climate. It’s painful to drive in 2H to say the least....rear wheel spin and traction control galore. Makes accelerating a chore on slick roads. Then around turns you are more prone to sliding without the front pulling. Holy cow, I had to set it to 4A because I couldn’t take it anymore.

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No lifesaving events from AdvanceTrac, but I had one a couple years ago w/ DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) in the wife's Mazda. I was going around an S curve coming down the mountain that connects us to the nearest city and I hit a patch of black ice. The car started to go sideways right towards a very steep, fairly deep (~40') ravine with no guardrail. The DSC kicked in and righted the car like nothing ever happened.

3F degrees OMG freaking heck
it was 27 here and i about froze solid taking the dog out

We hit -8F the other day. It rarely gets that cold here; it was awful. I practically had to drag some of my dogs out to get them to go to the bathroom.