That famous window leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well this is getting old! After sealing around my windshield for the third, or is it fourth time, I'm still getting moisture into that cursed Gem module. I've used a whole tube along the drivers pillar, tons of window and black rtv along window channel. I even used brush on flex seal from ace hardware, but to no avail. It was fine all day, thought I had it licked. But guess what, last night at my famous lake hangout, bragging to my buddy how well the flex seal worked, the oil light, theft light, abs light started flashing dimly. Oh yeah the odometer also switched over to just lines. Sure enough my pats system was activated, and wouldn't start. I knew from back in November, last time we had any rain, same deal. I pulled negative battery lead, then reconnected, and voila it started. Here's my question, anybody ever successfully seal that €|×°°~ windshield, and Gem module. It's such a pain to get that plug off the Gem, I'm leaving that for last resort. Anyone?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Rob White

Reaction score
i'm thinking of spraying the gem/back of fuse block with that flex-seal, i mean it's rubber right? shouldn't hurt anything right?

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you have to check the METAL above door...it separates.....the rubber where it ends towards front of truck on drivers door....look there HARD. i sealed the entire top of windsheild under rubber....open door look at seam...it gets open there to ....the rubber is attached on that steel lip. that lip bends and water gets in there too...

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you talking about the frame right below the rubber strip? Or on the door itself. As far as sealing the outside of box, I can't see how it would hurt, it doesn't generate any heat, does it? I wrapped a couple of plastic bags around mine.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Joseph Burgess

Reaction score
I’d go through the trouble and pull the gem it can be did with out pulling the dash, seal that box and put dielectric grease on the connectors, then spray the back of the connector with silicone spray lol