The 2008 spark plugs strike again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got the call from service, 8 out of 8 broke.

$1,800 out the door for:

Plugs
Wires
Coolant Flush
Mass Airflow Cleaning
Injector Cleaning
Power Steering Fluid Flush
Tire Rotation
Oil Change
Rear Axle Pinion Seal Replacement
Rear Axle Fluid Flush

All the wife said was "it better purr like a kitten when we pick it up"

1mpg

Reaction score
Damn, I would ask to see all 8 of them. Why isn't there a good strong oe spark plug out there?

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I do all my own work. Was you rear axle pinion leaking or did they find that? I would always be skeptical unless they show it to you. It isn't the dealership it's the people and it could be any shop for that reason.

B

bedrck46

That's why I do all my own work. it's the people and it could be any shop for that reason.

Friend was told he needed his instrument panel repaired and recalibrated due to the dreaded odometer light. Was told it would cost $300.00 so it could pass inspection. I was with him and I told the owner that it was a common problem on a 99 expy and it was due to a cold solder joint. When I told him I knew what it was and that all he had to do was to smack the dash board to get the odometer to read. He backed off at that point. And stated that he was knew that was a problem. He wasn't happy about me being there. So many shops charge for to many things that aren't really necessary That was at a private shop.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here, i do all my own work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
spotdog14

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I do all my own work. Was you rear axle pinion leaking or did they find that? I would always be skeptical unless they show it to you. It isn't the dealership it's the people and it could be any shop for that reason.
No it was leaking, that was actually the excuse to get everything else done. It was leaking on my garage floor and I took a look and the axle seals were fine but the pinion seal was leaking pretty bad.

I did see all the plugs, they lol separated but one which broke half way out but they didn't charge me for it.

II'm not sure what I think of the PCM update, it definitely drives differently that's for sure. If they wouldn't have thrown it in I don't know of if it was worth paying for.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What wires did they replace? Your truck doesn't have plug wires.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger