The capacity of the EL always amuses me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honorebel

Reaction score
I'm on my 5th Expy..04,07 EBEL,12XLTEL,15 XLTEL and now a 19 XLT MAX..The new ones have LESS cargo area than before....

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've hauled 4' X 12' sheets of drywall in my '09 EL. Stuck a couple of 2X4 studs under the sheetrock to keep it from breaking. Just pulled the back door down and tied it. Worked fine.

Honorebel

Reaction score
I had a heavy duty rubber cargo liner that fit the whole back with the rear seats folded down..put it in the 12..then right into the15..but i had to trim the sides and a little off the back to fit it into the 19 Max..

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both have a genetic component, but it's believed to play a much larger role with type 1 than type 2. Type 2 can also become type 1 down the road. Fun times.

Yep. Type 2 here, wasn’t diagnosed until I was 41. Been managed via diet, and doing good. Also “runs” in the family.

The diet part means that I have to ration the GS cookies, Max 2 at a time! Not a whole sleeve of ThinMints that is SO easy to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honorebel

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out their lights on the 18 or 19 XLT yet..60 grand and these crappy halogens..cmon now Ford..even Hyundai's and Kia's come with LEDs..U have to buy a Limited or a Plat to get em..At least offer it as an option..now i gotta come outta pocket for $500 to make it happen..

njja

Reaction score
I give my wife a lot of grief when she praises a smaller sport sedan. I simply tell them "I bet this will fit inside my EL". It's true for some cars like Miata.

txracer16

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out their lights on the 18 or 19 XLT yet..60 grand and these crappy halogens..cmon now Ford..even Hyundai's and Kia's come with LEDs..U have to buy a Limited or a Plat to get em..At least offer it as an option..now i gotta come outta pocket for $500 to make it happen..

If they use the same H9 bulb, look into swapping them for H11’s(might have numbers backwards). I did this to my ‘15 and was night and day difference. Basically your putting a 65w high beam bulb in the low beam. Light is still cut off at top, and doesn’t blind people. Found the idea on F150 forum. Highly recommend even after I tried just high dollar bulbs.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Go do some searches. This has been talked about. We are discussing the size of the EL, lets not turn this into another headlight bulb discussion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

txracer16

Reaction score
Wouldn’t trade my ‘15 EL for anything. We road trip with two kids and dog usually twice a year from TX to Iowa and Illinois. Wouldn’t do it any other way. We did it in a ‘08 Scion XB when kids were 7 and 3, barely enough room form them to sit with all our stuff. EL is amazing vehicle, we bought it after loosing our Sequioa after Harvey and the two don’t compare. The Sequioa had the quality, but the EL drives and rides so much better, oh and the power and mileage isn’t even comparable to the 3.5EB. Would love to have a 19, but can’t justify spending another 30k on top of my trade for the updates.

njja

Reaction score
I
Did that for 17 EL XLT for the brake lights and it was a crap shoot. The outage detection didn't work. And I wasn't about to mess with wiring to put a diode, so I switched back to halogens. Ridiculous. Now I have a Zevo LED brake lights that I need to put on eBay.