The capacity of the EL always amuses me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
4ca24224c08991bbdc5023f21f526bc8.mov
f16721756f136c7170661b4009cf6401.mov

Cookies....LOTS of Cookies. My Wife is a troop leader, so she has this task every year. Used to take my 250. It holds WAY more than my 250 bed, and it is dry and temp controlled.

She loves it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PS - That was about 120 CASES of GirlScout cookies. The passenger seat had no cookies, cause there was a passenger.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS - That was about 120 CASES of GirlScout cookies. The passenger seat had no cookies, cause there was a passenger.

I could never be trusted to transport thin mints....they are too good, a case or two may or may not “go missing”. Your wife has tremendous will power good for her.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could never be trusted to transport thin mints....they are too good, a case or two may or may not “go missing”. Your wife has tremendous will power good for her.

Agreed. Samoa’s/Caramel Delights are my weakness! I am a Diabetic, so it is torture!!!

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Jeff I’m a single guy in my early twenties and I drive this super wheelbase soccer mom wagon.....you can too lol! ]

First JE, anyone who has read your posts would have a difficult time believing you to be <25....a lot of life-experience already so good for you!

Second, I can't have a larger truck, I hit too many things now...!!! I used to do plumbing side-work out of a Pinto hatchback, then a Chevette (spell check doesn't know hat word).....and I would have killed for an Expy back in the 80's.

I think I saw that picture of the weedtruck....got pulled over out West somewhere like Illinois or Wisconsin maybe.....a cop was following them and smelled the smoke...waited till they swerved a bit then lit them up.....it was a rental as I remember, from Colorado!

jeff

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Samoa’s/Caramel Delights are my weakness! I am a Diabetic, so it is torture!!!

That stinks! Diabetes runs in my family but I believe it’s the genetic type one. I stay in shape/ eat well to hopefully avoid it, although I think there is no avoiding type 1 if you get the lucky draw. My grandfather got it later on in life and now my uncle is also pre-diabetic as of this year and they are monitoring his sugar levels.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That stinks! Diabetes runs in my family but I believe it’s the genetic type one. I stay in shape/ eat well to hopefully avoid it, although I think there is no avoiding type 1 if you get the lucky draw. My grandfather got it later on in life and now my uncle is also pre-diabetic as of this year and they are monitoring his sugar levels.

Both have a genetic component, but it's believed to play a much larger role with type 1 than type 2. Type 2 can also become type 1 down the road. Fun times.

Honorebel

Reaction score
This weekend, like many, I was back to Lowe's for stuffed that always seems needed at the house. I traded my F150 for the 2012 EL Limited at the end of 2014. I drove it for 2 years, then my wife took it, and I traded her Chrysler T&C for a 2013 Fusion 2.0EB.
Anyways, I was on an errand run - groceries, outdoor stuff, etc. I went to Lowe's first, picked up 8 - 5/6x6x8 boards, a 1/4 sheet of drywall and 10 bags of mulch. I only folded down the right rear single seat, and could easily slide the boards up through, they end just behind the forward center console. Then I loaded the 10 bags of mulch behind the left side, and had room for a propane tank and some other stuff back there. I look over an a guy is struggling to tie down a few 8' boards in the back of his Raptor (Wish i drove that instead of the Fusion). He watched me slide the boards and close the truck, seemed surprised!

Previously I was finishing a lot into two bedrooms and the loading guys saw me pull up in the EL, said where are you putting the drywall and boards? I informed them we'd load the drywall first, then everything else on top of the drywall. They said it wouldn't fit. They were amazed as we slid 22 sheets of 4x8 drywall FLAT on the floor - all the seats were folded. Then studs, duct work, hardware and everything else on top. Those guys said that would be a great contractor vehicle - full sheets inside the vehicle, no need to tie down so they don't blow away, and they stay dry. Hard to beat!