the check engine light keeps haunting me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i had my shift tube assembly replaced yesterday.....off course they disconnect my battery to service it.... check engine light is back. It dosent shake run rough get bad gas mileage or misfire yet its that damn lean code again. can it be that every time the batteries disconnected the computer needs to relearn the air and fuel mixture to compensate for the duals and cold air intake? i haven't found any vacuum leaks yet, Im wondering if an 02 sensor is bad. and I trust NO MECHANICS in my area any more. all of them want to immediately change the intake manifold and I honestly dont believe its the manifold. any thoughts on this?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it could be that. but clean your maf. fuel filter. check for leaks. just little stuff like that. i dont remember what you have/have not done yet.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so far i checked the elbow, I did not feel any leaks, i may just get fed up enough though and change it anyways. im going to drive it for about a day with the light on and see if it clears itself, if not Im going to start by cleaning the maf, then change that elbow then move on to the oxygen sensors. if none of that fixes it Im gonna shoot it-nah Im just gonna take it to the mechanic at that point. i really hope cleaning the maf solves it. if i do have to change my manifold in the end I am wondering if the aluminum manifolds from the older expys will fit on mine. Mine is that POS plasitc one