The new dude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expaddiction

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been browsing around here for a couple weeks and figured I'd go ahead and join. I don't own an Expedition YET but have been busy shopping for one (see future post soon to be). I've been a Ford guy since I could drive one long before I got my license. Just basically beat the hell out of the 72 econoline (302ci) that was setting behind the garage. Dogged it to hell and back for good couple years and could not kill it, dad sold what was left of it lol,before the 13 yr old me figured a way. My next victim at 16 was the most ragged out Lincoln Mark VI you ever saw. My friends and I still get laughs out of it when it's mentioned,it's nickname was "The bomb" if thats helps the discreption. Once again the 302ci proved indestructable...I was sold from then on. I have owned some Chevys also but have had no luck with em and can't bring myself to ever buy another, to keep that is,but if I can turn a profit from my Chevy loving friends so be it. Not to bash Chevy but hey I take the Ford jokes all the time from those guys. I've owned many other makes and models through the years,Toyotas,Nissans,Dodge Kia,Buick,Caddie and Olds, I lump those last 3 in with the Chevys though. Have had several 70's,80's and 90's F150s and F250s and a couple Rangers and a Mustang. I bought and sold alot before I was married with children, but had a relapse or 2 since then lol. My wife says I'm like a car hoarder hehe. Anyway BLAH BLAH BLAH...next up my life story..... sorry I ramble a little bit too lol. I will own my first Expy as soon I get the right one for the money. I'm dead set on getting one and am looking at all first gen models with the 5.4 and towing package,but would like to find a 97 or 98 EB with all the goods in decent shape all for $3500 or less. Thanks for sticking around to read my book! lol

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. I haven't really had a long line of vehicles like you. I have had two GM cars: a 93 chevy cavaleir and a 95 Pontiac Firebird. Cavaleir blew a head gasket and had odd problems here and there until it was wrecked. 95 firebird again had all sorts of issues, expensive issues. Had enough when the oil pressure sensor went out on me and left me in the desert 2 something hours waiting for a tow.

Had a 93 expedition that only ever had a bad heater core and otherwise ran like a champ until I sold it.