The Reason I got the Expy is Gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, after being for sale for nearly a year, the reason I got the Expy is gone. The Regal 2450 known as "Ramblin' Rose" was sold this weekend and is on it's way to Australia!!. Going to miss it, but it was just too big to trailer around to the "smaller" lakes around us. If we don't move to Colorado by next summer, we will get a smaller boat, but no hurry in getting another one.

The best thing about the boat was the fact i was able to get the Expedition to pull it. It has been everything, and more, that I needed it for. If I ever replace it, it will be with another Expy, but I have no plans to get rid of it any time soon, and I see having it until it dies. As much as I have loved previous vehicles, this has truly been a "Utility" vehicle for me for the last 4 1/2 years, but has the creature comforts of some Luxury vehicles. There is a reason it is the choice over my wife's BMW 328 when the family runs around town. Even though her's is more fun to run through the gears, the Expy just is more comfortable to drive.

Here is one last parting shot of the beast before it's journey to Australia..

DSCN0195.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how was maintenance and fuel cost on it? im with you...i wont ever get rid of my truck.even if it dies...it will be recessitated back to life!!! CLEAR!!! and if my wife pushes to get me in an escalade...im getting an expedition...whatever generation it is then...maybe a lincoln

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale, just think of all the $ you saved in winterization costs this year.
If you're ever in Tx and need a water fix, I'll take ya out on the Chaparral 210 ssi. Bring the Expy, never know, just might be for sale!
850A0211.jpg

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how was maintenance and fuel cost on it? im with you...i wont ever get rid of my truck.even if it dies...it will be recessitated back to life!!! CLEAR!!! and if my wife pushes to get me in an escalade...im getting an expedition...whatever generation it is then...maybe a lincoln

Maintenance wasn't cheap. 2 months prior to the sale, the Fuel Pumps and Fuel Regulator were replaced at a cost of $1300 ($800 just for the pump assembly). But overall, it wasn't too bad. Fuel.....well.. a 62 gallon tank wasn't cheap to fill!! We got a nice run out of it just prior to sale that took us about 50 miles round-trip out in Green Bay. That was just under half a tank of gas running around 20-25 miles an hour (3hr trip with a stop).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale, just think of all the $ you saved in winterization costs this year.
If you're ever in Tx and need a water fix, I'll take ya out on the Chaparral 210 ssi. Bring the Expy, never know, just might be for sale!
850A0211.jpg

Yeah, the savings over the winter are pretty substantial including the winterization and storage. We had year-round indoor storage that ran about $1800, then winterization was another $500+. This was the year to pull and inspect the drive, so that saved another $500. We sold it for about $1200 less than we wanted, but after the winter savings, came out ahead.

Thanks for the offer. If I am down that way, I just might have to take you up on that. If we get another boat, it will be a 20-23 foot bow rider. The problem with the cuddy cabin was that is was legally limited to only 8 people, even though it was a big boat. So something that can hold 10 people is the goal.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the savings over the winter are pretty substantial including the winterization and storage. We had year-round indoor storage that ran about $1800, then winterization was another $500+. This was the year to pull and inspect the drive, so that saved another $500. We sold it for about $1200 less than we wanted, but after the winter savings, came out ahead.

Thanks for the offer. If I am down that way, I just might have to take you up on that. If we get another boat, it will be a 20-23 foot bow rider. The problem with the cuddy cabin was that is was legally limited to only 8 people, even though it was a big boat. So something that can hold 10 people is the goal.

Seems like you're ahead of the game, hard time to part ways, you're fortunate it sold so late in the season...
Love our bowrider, 22ft., capacity plate of 10 or 1500 lbs, fits your criteria...just saying..,

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like you're ahead of the game, hard time to part ways, you're fortunate it sold so late in the season...
Love our bowrider, 22ft., capacity plate of 10 or 1500 lbs, fits your criteria...just saying..,

The only reason it sold so late in the season is that it is going to Australia for their Summer. So yes, we are lucky.
That does fit our criteria, but we have to wait until we find out if we are moving to Colorado. Not much boating being done out there other than the smaller reservoirs. I'll keep you in mind. LOL.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stoned06,

You seem to have the carbon copy of my Expy.

Was out in CO recently, and all I wanted was my Expy out there... Rental car sucked!

Next time I'm out for business, I'm going to try and drive it there. So worth it to me!

Even with out the boat, your Expy will find some good use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition