Got Some New Parts Coming!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreatExcape

Reaction score
Just ordered some stuff to start my mod journey...

MPT Tunes: Waiting on the tuner so i can get the tunes
Bilstein 21'+ F150 front struts 24-323680: haven't seen much info on this particular set but it runs slightly shorter than the normal 8129's but more than the 2wd or expy specific ones... Any input?
Bilstein expy rears 24-285063
Hellwig rear sway bar 7688
Sumo Springs for the rear CSS-1168

Still deciding on the wheel and tire situation but I'll be trying to make up my mind on those next...

ACJ990

Reaction score
Nice. I just put on the Sumo Springs on the rear this past Monday. Ready to order the sway bar. Put OEM black 20’s on with Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs (285/60/R20, E Load) last week. The Sumos def make the ride more stable. Tows better too.

OP
OP
G

GreatExcape

Reaction score
Nice. I just put on the Sumo Springs on the rear this past Monday. Ready to order the sway bar. Put OEM black 20’s on with Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs (285/60/R20, E Load) last week. The Sumos def make the ride more stable. Tows better too.
Yeah I have a 8k lb boat to tow around this summer... I haven't even hooked it up yet but figured the springs ad sway bar were a good idea.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup. Let us know how it works out!

As for wheels and tires, you have a lot of options. I tried several. Bigger wheels with smaller (and more stiff) sidewalls will give you good road feel. The OEM setup on my '19 Platinum Max was great for towing but going with Michelin would have improved the grip in the rain. Smaller wheels with the larger sidewall (I tried the base Expedition and F150 wheels/tires) will help over rough roads but may feel a bit floaty at high speeds unless you go with a heavy duty tire.