The ugliness of winter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those wondering, 17”s fit fine as I’ve stated before. I used these on my F150.

Before

a4607ddfa0e8330914ab1af48a604289.jpg
27cef034269223248ab460cb02e6a6ce.jpg

After

e11f319478e331cf49b0083c0460e596.jpg

Tight tolerance

28185d7a738da95ee34c59a97d92fec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
200 plus crashes yesterday I heard? Not much better further east, snow compacting to wet ice this morning meant super low friction on ramps here. Guess there is going to be a rush on for winter tires this week

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So in all seriousness, did you guys find you had trouble with traction yesterday and today? I found these Michelin AT tires to be perfectly fine. Of course I'm guessing I drive way less aggressively than most of the posters on this forum. I was also happy year round with the Michelin AT/2 tires I had on my 2006.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wife was sliding somewhat in the Expy yesterday.. she drove the car the rest of the day.. Little nissan versa, but it has nokian WR tires. snow rated..
that being said, no, not huge issues driving around, but the last thing i want to happen is to slide my ride into someone else..
already had it booked for an oil change, just tossed the winters in the back and had the dealer swap them for me.. saved me digging out the driveway to do a swap at home.

OP
OP
B

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So in all seriousness, did you guys find you had trouble with traction yesterday and today? I found these Michelin AT tires to be perfectly fine. Of course I'm guessing I drive way less aggressively than most of the posters on this forum. I was also happy year round with the Michelin AT/2 tires I had on my 2006.

My platinum came with Hankook tires. Forget which model. In 4A, got stuck on a 2 degree slope in front of my house. All 4 wheels spinning.

After the swap, went to the same spot, rolled forward fine.

Years ago, I decided on dedicated winters on all my vehicles. $1000 for 3-4 seasons is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No major issues for me, lost a bit of grip in places but nothing that driving sensibly didn't resolve, and to be honest only studded tires would have resolved. Slush over ice is pretty much as low a friction surface as you can get and even winter tires with silica or walnut in them struggle with it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tires on the 17” rims look like they don’t have enough sidewall to make them as big as the original setup. Might look better with bigger tires on them.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry, dont mean to offend, but those 17s are hideous on there!!!!!!!!!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also, there is definitely a difference in overall diameter. not sure how that will fair with onboard elctronics for traction control, stability control, and ABS? at the minimum your speedo is off