The wheel nuts for the Expedition 2015 are not compatible with the wheel wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
I think Ford doesn’t survey or speak with its customers and thinks it knows best what people should have - not want, on their vehicles.
This is mostly my friend

If there was an interest in the opinions of customers ..then Ford would always be in the forefront

Nothing is missing

they even have a boring store of unwarranted vanity

tacoduck

Reaction score
Ford was not like this in the past.

It was a symbol of confidence

But ...
Toyota used the same lug nuts on their tundra’s as well. It’s the epa and fuel economy mandates that are driving this.

JustHarsh

Reaction score
Found this out on my 2017 Expedition the night before the family and I were flying out of town for thanksgiving. It was around 8PM and about 15 degrees outside - Minnesota. My low air pressure light went off, as will happen in the extreme cold) and I was going to ignore it and opt to get home. I reluctantly hit a gas station on the way home to top off the tires when I discovered that my left rear was almost completely flat. Glad I stopped. Of course I wasn't dressed for 15 degrees and windy, so I was already not in the best of moods, but then after I get everything out (also first time dealing with the spare tire removal) the stupid lug wrench wouldn't fit. I must have increased the temp in my general area by 50 degrees with how mad I was. Called insurance company who sent someone out to change the tire (only about a 30 min wait). When I got back i just ordered a small breaker bar, a socket that fit the lug nuts and a bottle jack because that scissor one they have is junk.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually the wheel wrench that comes with all vehicles suck. Get one of those DeWalt Tire Change Kits from Home Depot with the giant breaker bar and torque wrench and put it in your vehicle (especially on road trips or if you're headed into the wilderness/desert). It works really well.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
When I lived in Chicago suburbs, I always carried a micro-battery starter/charger, electric tire pump, gloves, spare coat, ear muffs, water, energy bars, spare iPhone charger. I also made sure to check my spare air pressure in the Fall.

Ask me how I learned this.