The wheel nuts for the Expedition 2015 are not compatible with the wheel wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
Greetings to all Here
I register my surprise from the respected Ford company
How can they allow such egregious mistakes
Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٤٢٥_١١١٢٤٦.jpg

The wheel nuts for the Expedition 2015 are not compatible with the wheel wrench included with the car jack!
I was surprised by this when I was on a wild road.
One of them helped me, laughing sarcastically about this company and said, “Don’t be surprised.. Underestimation of people is everywhere.
” Later I had to get the cap off some of those stupid nuts to undo the flat tyre!Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٤٢٥_١١١٣١١.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings to all Here
I register my surprise from the respected Ford company
How can they allow such egregious mistakes
View attachment 77476

The wheel nuts for the Expedition 2015 are not compatible with the wheel wrench included with the car jack!
I was surprised by this when I was on a wild road.
One of them helped me, laughing sarcastically about this company and said, “Don’t be surprised.. Underestimation of people is everywhere.
” Later I had to get the cap off some of those stupid nuts to undo the flat tyre!View attachment 77477

Several posts on this forum regarding the matter.

Ford has poor quality lug nuts which expand over time (especially in cold weather states) and no longer fit the lug wrench that is supplied with the vehicle.

The only option is to remove and replace the lug nuts with new ones.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ford has poor quality lug nuts which expand over time (especially in cold weather states) and no longer fit the lug wrench that is supplied with the vehicle.

Also, follow the post recommendations and replace them with quality aftermarket one-piece lug nuts to avoid having this problem come up again. Make sure to specify your application - don't buy lug nuts meant for steel wheels and use them on aluminum.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score

I thank you
I realize the easiest solution is replacement
But why would a respectable company resort to such unprofessional assembly methods?!

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
Also, follow the post recommendations and replace them with quality aftermarket one-piece lug nuts to avoid having this problem come up again. Make sure to specify your application - don't buy lug nuts meant for steel wheels and use them on aluminum.
Thanks alot

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thank you
But why would a respectable company resort to such unprofessional assembly methods?!

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, my first Ford.

I’ve wondered the same thing about the lug nuts. On a truck that can tow and have an 8-passenger capacity, it should have bullet-proof lug nuts.

I’ve also wondered why Ford didn’t include individual display of the tire pressures, no HVAC air filter and no hood ajar light - but included a useless color-changing interior light display?

I think Ford doesn’t survey or speak with its customers and thinks it knows best what people should have - not want, on their vehicles.

tacoduck

Reaction score
I thank you
Because weight on these vehicles hurts their epa rating. A pound here, a pound there… it all adds up. My other theory is expense. They are most likely cheaper than treated steel lugnuts. Crappy product on a truck that claims to be “built ford tough.”

twodollars

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd agree it's likely a cost savings. I have fought these on dodge and gm as well, over the years. End fix is replacement as soon as you find one swelling or loosing the cover.

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
I'd agree it's likely a cost savings. I have fought these on dodge and gm as well, over the years. End fix is replacement as soon as you find one swelling or loosing the cover.
This is really a problem if someone gets stuck in the desert, late at night, or is going on an important date

Does Ford pay attention to this? Or is hearing closed is considered by them?

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
Because weight on these vehicles hurts their epa rating. A pound here, a pound there… it all adds up. My other theory is expense. They are most likely cheaper than treated steel lugnuts. Crappy product on a truck that claims to be “built ford tough.”
Ford was not like this in the past.

It was a symbol of confidence

But ...