Theft Susceptibility -- and what to do about it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was surprised there's no blinking red light or icon like some vehicles

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I leave all my vehicles unlocked when they're at home and parked overnight. No point in making them damage the paint to pry open a door or bust a window to get in. Where I live now I've not had any problems whatsoever over 10 years but other places I have lived people or kids like to get into cars and go through the glove box or console or look for cigarette money or something. People stoped stealing stereos decades ago.
I had someone try to steal a 87 S10 Blazer back in 2000. It was an old beater and probably the only reason they were trying to steal it is because they knew they could. You can steal one of those with a pair of pliers or a hammer and a screwdriver.
Has a weird twist of fate they had it already stolen and all they had to do was start it and drive away but they didn't. That was the one night that my son got hurt bowling at 4 years old and I had rushed into the emergency room to get stitches. I called my wife around 3 a.m. or so to let her know and she turned on some lights. Perfect timing to scare them away.

And it today most people break into cars are just pumps that are looking for something of value so I don't leave anything valuable in cars. If I have a firearm with me it will be with me. I have only left one in a car once or twice on very rare occasions due to government building or somewhere I reallycan't carry inside involving Federal or felony violations.
These punks don't know that how to actually steal a car, they can only break in. If a professional wants your car, he will have your car. Or they'll just take the whole vehicle like the tow man does.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I woke up one night about a week of owning mine. My phone was going bat shit crazy. I woke to these alerting meIMG_5263.png

Then I looked to at my cameras at saw this and saw the alarm going off (will not let me upload the video). I never even knew it had this.. I was actually very relieved, but pissed some of my neighbors off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The amateur car thieves really can’t steal these thanks to all the security features. That leaves the professionals who will make their own key or use some fancy electronics to relay the signal from your key to the vehicle. The stolen vehicles are then shipped out of the country and sold to buyers who know exactly what they’re buying. The best you could do would be to wire a battery cut-off switch...

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I park mine in the garage at home and I often take "Bullet"the wonder dog my German shephard with me and I just leave the car running and take the fob with me.never a problem with any car.

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On this note, is there a cargo cover for the MAX? I know it’s not possible to completely prevent break ins, but I just want to give myself the “out of sight, hopefully out of mind” reassurance.