Things I'd like to see on the 2022 Exp's (coming from a 2020 KR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbrush

Reaction score
I would like an option to lay out my own electronic display. I can do it on my boat's GPS, I wonder why Ford can't figure it out.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fix the ANCIENT outdated POS rear suspension geometry that makes you sick riding in these things. Its so pathetic that they still sell these things with this ancient leaning tower rear suspension geometry.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to see Ford offer a sunroof delete on all trim levels. Be able to order a combination of packages at once. I would like a Platinum, Timberline, sport without the sunroof.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to see Ford offer a sunroof delete on all trim levels. Be able to order a combination of packages at once. I would like a Platinum, Timberline, sport without the sunroof.
I absolutely swore I would never buy a pano roof, until I found out they came standard on all better trims. I was not happy at all.......I hate that stupid thing.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same. My 2020 F-150 Lariat came with no sunroof. Absolutely love it.

OP
OP
buckwheat-phd

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this? Mine does does 2500 rpm in 7th gear at 75 mph.
Wakeboarder - I test drove a 2020 with the towing package, and I really didn't write down the RPMs (shame+apologies). However, all people in the truck noticed the engine running very fast at normal highway speeds, like 70mph. Spoke w/service manager about the differential, he said it provides a great deal more torque, but you sacrifice higher rpm's across all 10 gears. He said some of his customers complain that top speed is limited because of this (no specifics). Not sure if mileage is sacrificed. Anyway, I'd rather have a **low** RPM at 80mph - just a personal preference

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Couple things I would add. Wish there was a wireless charging pad on the arm rest, like the GM's. So much more functional. Hate that every bump in the road causes it to fail.

Also, noticed your item on the lack of paddle shifters, there a good thread on here and I added to it about putting in the raptor wheel with shifters. Pretty low cost upgrade that I love (except for the red leather insert). Super simple upgrade too!

I would also add quality to the list. That goes all over the place, but stupid things like taillight assemblies that leak/fog/crack so easy, sunroof that pops/sticks no matter, within 1 week of getting the TSB service done it, etc.
Deadman posted on his upgrades to his seats in the last day or so, I wish the seats were more sporty/comfy. The Denali seats are much better IMHO and I often compare the Denali to the Plati.
Put better sway bars in from the factory, I enjoy helping the aftermarket guys, but sheesh, not an expensive or difficult upgrade.
Start putting the engine covers back on the cars...
Make the cluster screens more customizable, with the real-estate there, you should easily be able to add 2 or 3 widgets if you will, i.e. boost, mpg, audio, etc.
Better sound deadening. There's a lot of road noise etc throughout, for something this size and cost, a good layer of sound deadening material would go along way, especially with the aluminum skin, aluminum transmits a lot of vibration.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
Add the ecoboost hybrid engine, the bluecruise (supercruise competitor) L-2 handsfree driving and as Fozzy mentioned be able to combine packages, so someone can get the Timberline capability with a Platinum interior.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish they would offer a fully integrated rear seat entertainment with wired audio (no bluetooth ****) and the ability for front screen control.
That should have been done from day one with the rear seat entertainment systems. Kids in the back, parents in the front, seems like it should have been a no brainer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357