Thinking of getting these wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now with these rims would i have to do anything special? like a lift or just the torsion bars? the guy at the shop said that i wouldnt, just wanted to ask you guys as well.

If the new tire diameter is the same as stock, then you will not have to do anything to allow for fitment. As long as the backspacing and offset of the new rim are correct for your application no matter what size it is, then you will be fine. When you are up-sizing as you are wanting to do, then the tire diameter should match that of original equipped tires on your Ex. Width of tire and rim are no issue as I stated as long as the offset and backspacing are correct.

Here is a scale to look at,

P255/70/16= 30.1" tall - section width(sidewall to sidewall)=10" - sidewall ht(rim edge to top of tire)=7"

P305/35/22= 30.4" tall - section width(sidewall to sidewall)=12" - sidewall ht(rim edge to top of tire)=4.2"

So that is up-sizing and is a match for original equipped tire diameter. So that would work great with what you want.

A 22x9 or a 22x9.5 rim will work great with that tire size of 305/35/22. I would not go any narrower of a rim.

Now when you buy the 22's, just pay attention to the offset, which is important to rim clearing the front calipers, and backspacing is important to how the tire and rim combo will set, either too far in or too far out, and or neutral as stock. If the offset is impossible to obtain, then you will need a wheel spacer to bring the rim out more to clear the front calipers. The rear calipers are not an issue, only the front calipers are.

The only other thing that most people fail to pay attention to is the brakes. With a larger rim as a 22" the rolling resistance does increase, based on rim wt and circumference. Upgrading to a slotted or cross drilled rotor and or a combination of rotor caliper upgrade would be ideal. Now some rims that are made of aluminum or a allow of type can decrease a overall wt combination of tire and rim. But steel rims do weight considerably more than alloy's or aluminum.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wont need anything...i've seen 26 on with no cutting