Third Party Metal Tire Valve Stem Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zelf24

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wondered if someone had found a good graphite / chrome / silver-colored metal valve stem cap for the 22 inch wheels? I bought some off of Amazon but they were much too short, and didn't cover the full length of the stem like the stock black plastic ones do. Is there a certain size / length that I need to be looking for?

2021-Ford-Expedition MAX-wheel_14352_042_640x480.jpg

XeBeast

Reaction score
This is do to you having the ford valve stems. Only the ford valve stem caps cover fully.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wondered if someone had found a good graphite / chrome / silver-colored metal valve stem cap for the 22 inch wheels? I bought some off of Amazon but they were much too short, and didn't cover the full length of the stem like the stock black plastic ones do. Is there a certain size / length that I need to be looking for?

View attachment 79444

Years ago one on my sons put aftermarket metal valve stem caps on his car. The dissimilar metal caused corrosion and the caps could not be removed. They had to be cut off with a Dremel tool, and new valve stems installed (they were not TPMS valve stems).

I would suggest being cautious about putting metal caps on the TPMS valve stems.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slime brand will cover more than most. Can find them at Advance. They have Blue, Black, GunMetal, and Silver. Don't have the issue with them sticking like the typical metal after market. Still won't do the overlap the factory plastic black ones do.

OP
OP
Z

Zelf24

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your helpful replies! So no one makes a valve stem cap that covers the entirety of the stem?