This means I have to sell it now, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welp, the dealer wont cover it but they will gladly order me a full badge (as @5280tunage suggested) for $106. (EDIT: found a pair of the full set, one for each door, on EBay for $14…I’ll give those a whirl first.)

And sadly, I checked and because this is the wide badge on the driver's door, not the liftgate, your Limited "I"s wont work. I do appreciate the offer, though.
Darn, I was hoping I was way off. How ridiculous, $106 for a few chrome plated plastic letters.

Or for cheaper, I wonder if you could buy one of these wrecked ones and just grab the letters, LOL. https://erepairables.com/salvage-cars-auction/ford/expedition+max
But really, look at the one from Missouri Salvage, that's one of those Molotov aluminum cocktails apparently.

I did find this one, at least its a little cheaper.

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Darn, I was hoping I was way off. How ridiculous, $106 for a few chrome plated plastic letters.

Or for cheaper, I wonder if you could buy one of these wrecked ones and just grab the letters, LOL. https://erepairables.com/salvage-cars-auction/ford/expedition+max
But really, look at the one from Missouri Salvage, that's one of those Molotov aluminum cocktails apparently.

I did find this one, at least its a little cheaper.
Good lord what happened to that poor truck from Missouri?!

Thanks for that parts link…my eBay letters will be here next Tuesday and if they don’t fit at least I can save $35.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is great!

whoosh - that’s the sound

if you know what “I” mean

OP
OP
aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
EBay letters arrived yesterday and they work great!! I think they may be EVER so slightly smaller than the OEM letters, but you'd have to get a level to tell; it looks perfect on the vehicle.

Ford wanted $106 for a single "PLATINUM" badge set. I paid $14 for a pair. And now I have lots of extra letters for the next time one falls off.

Super pleased.

Attachments

• Plat letters.jpg
    Plat letters.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 6