Thud under gas pedal when taking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jking05

Reaction score
When I come to a stop and then hit the gas I can feel a thud coming from right under or behind the gas pedal under my feet. It doesnt do it every time but most of the time. Of course the dealer couldnt replicate it but wondering if anyone else has it or knows what it might be? They said they checked the suspension but everything was good.

OP
OP
jking05

jking05

Reaction score
No the engine is running. When im at a stoplight or stop sign it does it when taking off.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, but when you come to a stop your engine is going to shut off. And as soon as you lift your foot off the brake, it is going to start again which causes a slightly noticeable nudge in the pedals.

Cigarguy

Reaction score
I get the same thing. It’s most definitely not the auto stop/start. I spent 12 years in the car business. Many of those as a service manager. The auto start is blatantly obvious. This is more muted than that and feels like someone tapped the floor once with a rubber mallet.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get the same thing. It’s most definitely not the auto stop/start. I spent 12 years in the car business. Many of those as a service manager. The auto start is blatantly obvious. This is more muted than that and feels like someone tapped the floor once with a rubber mallet.

I deleted my auto start stop junk so I don't know what that crap even feel like anymore! lol

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. I’ve felt it every so often. Very distinct solid mechanical thunk. My dealership couldn’t replicate it either. I’m leaning towards a torque converter issue.
Maybe it would be easier to replicate pulling a trailer? More load on it?