Tire pressure valve fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clapper66

Reaction score
Hello,

i have a 2003 expedition and cant seem to get the new tire pressure valve i had installed to train wile the truck is in learning mode.

I bought this truck about a year a go and it had a bad tire pressure valve, and figure it would be easiest to get it replaced when i get new tires, and yesterday i got new ones put on at good year and they told me they didn't have the tools to program and there were not going to, but i saw online you can use magnets to program them, but yesterday i tried and could not get the new one to program. i have all accessories Unplugged(cellphone charger, radar detector... Etc)

i bought the tire pressure sensor from here
New Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor TPMS for Ford Lincoln Mercury 4L2T 1A150BA | eBay

Is there a chance that the sensor is bad?

Also my son brought up good point, since this is a new sensor that the truck didn't come with does it need the actual tool to train it since it is a new part?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to a shop like firestone or somewhere if u dont want to go to dealership...it should cost a lot to get them reprogrammed...but thats what needs to be done...good year is a joke and im surprised they installed the valves u bought...they always deny installing customer parts for liability reasons...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to a shop like firestone or somewhere if u dont want to go to dealership...it should cost a lot to get them reprogrammed...but thats what needs to be done...good year is a joke and im surprised they installed the valves u bought...they always deny installing customer parts for liabilty