Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't realize that decent replacement tires are $125 + mounting and balancing for my '03 XLT. A whopping $600 after tax for some freakin tires. This got me thinking to check EBAY. Well come to find out, you can get the OEM wheels + tires as NEW take offs for $200 less than just new tires! I know shipping is like $130, but it's still a deal since most of the take off places seem to be in Houston and allow for free pickup. Besides, I can then EBAY my OEM's for something right? Anyhow, this is my main dilemma:

I currently have an XLT with the 17" wheels and 265/70/17 tires. I saw some upgraded OEM wheels that came on the FX4 Lariat F150 that fit, but have 275/65/18 tires. Will this cause any problems with my suspension, clearance, camber? Any help is appreciated.

Oh, here is the ebay linK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7951617261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
http://www.f150online.com/forums/li...ires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

i have 285/75/16's on my '99 XLT 4X4 with no clearance issues. i am not sure how much the wheel wells/suspension changed from 99-03 though. a good idea would be to check f150online.com's forums---that's where i found out my tires would fit.

275/65/18 tires are 32" high. almost an inch smaller that the tires i have. hope that helps.

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, .47 of an inch won't be an issue. I think I'm going to go ahead with the ebay thing, found another link for the 18's for $500 with BF Goodrich Rugged Trail's.

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I must have stirred up some interest. When they were previously going for around $500, they are exceeding $600 now on Ebay. Thanks a lot punks!

OP
OP
B

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by big pacheco
i got my tires at pepboys $185.00 for two installed balanced warrenty 55,000 miles

I ended up buying some for $495. They are the Heritage Edition 18's. Why not get new wheels and tires for the price of tires. Besides, the local tire shop said that they would give me $125 for the OEM rims. Net cost is $350 installed. As for the balancing and rotating, we bought a lifetime one from Discount when we bought the Expedition. They do it regardless of where you bought the tires for the life of the vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712