tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getnbzi

Reaction score
hi I was just looking at the list of options on my 2017 limited and it says Class IV towing equipment hitch harness and and brake controller is that considered the package or is the more that there needs to be I have about 3500 lb bass boat and wondering what else I might need

thnx

fxdwg

Reaction score
I believe it also had a bigger transmission cooler, but for just a 3500# boat you shouldn't need anything else. Good straps to make sure the boat stays put, maybe. :D

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dorzak hit it on the head. You will have zero issues with your towing needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plati

Reaction score
Also, this is one of the most posted / discussed topics on this Forum (next to "when should I change oil and what type should I use"). Search the Forum for lots of previous discussion.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Towing capacity without a WDH is 6000 pounds (not 6600) with no more than 600 pounds on the ball. HD Tow ups that to 9200/920 but only with a WDH. Shouldn't need one for this trailer. The brake controller is part of the HD Towing Option so you're good to go if you need it.

Assuming your bass boat and trailer weigh 3500 pounds they'll be be less that 350 pounds on the ball. You and the truck "won't even know it's there."

Read the owner's manual on setting up electric over hydraulic brakes (if your trailer has brakes at all).

-- Chuck

PS You might want to delete your two other identical posts -- multiple posts just fragment your responses.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

This has been a bone of contention in the past. Fords own sheet that you linked to is somewhat Contradictory. We could go into details and beat this to death like we have in the past. But not going to do that...since, again, the horse is dead.

For safety purposes and simplification, Chuck is correct and the lower number of 6000 that is listed on the sheet is correct.

REGARDLESS, this guy has the HD Tow, so that doesn’t matter and he can EASILY tow his boat with NO additional equipment. Like Chuck said, it won’t even break a sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro