Trading in our Honda Pilot for a ‘15 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, new member checking in :). I posted this in the new member forum and thought it would be more appropriate here.

We are trading our 2012 HP in for a CPO ‘15 Limited with 35k miles tomorrow. I’ve owned Pilots (06/12) for the past 10 years and wanted to mix things up a bit. The Honda’s have been great but not perfect. My main concern is reliability of the Expedition. Outside of regular maintenance and wear and tear items, are there many known issues with the 15’s? Any advice would be much appreciated as I’m not looking to get into a money pit.

I noticed a few things on the car fax that seemed a bit odd.

- The truck had the Battery serviced at 15k miles.
- Body electrical system checked, Seat memory computer/module replaced and Front seat replaced @ 24k miles

Thanks in advance!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Batteries today just aren't all that reliable.

Seat and computer service sounds like a throw parts at it response to some simple minor glitch

Reliability is solid

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said ^^^. Mine is a 2016, I replaced the battery a couple months ago.. Modern batteries seem to really suck, and they have more drain on them with modern vehicles.. I don't do short trips either, so it's not like the battery doesn't get recharged after each start.

The Expedition is solid, with a proven suspension and powertrain.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice job finding a 2015 with that low of miles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
That's a hard-to-find truck, so unless you paid a small fortune, you did good. The '15 is a tried-and-true piece of American know-how, and should serve you well. Welcome to the family.

OP
OP
AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Reaction score
7F450473-0B6B-4377-8B5C-BFFACDFFEDB7.jpeg Thanks all! Picked her up today and realized it actually had only 31k miles, not 35k. Even better, it was leased by the finance guy manager at the dealership that we bought it from. It’s in amazing condition and drives like a dream. Here’s a quick pic...

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Congratulations bud, at least now you dont have to worry about horrible transmission design and timing belts

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 26598 Thanks all! Picked her up today and realized it actually had only 31k miles, not 35k. Even better, it was leased by the finance guy manager at the dealership that we bought it from. It’s in amazing condition and drives like a dream. Here’s a quick pic...

CONGRATS!! We bought the '16 Limited in the same exact color a few weeks ago. Ours had about double the miles. We are very happy with our purchase. Added WeatherTech floor mats to front and middle row and added the rock/bug guard to the front.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I've read on the forum and from other sources it may be a good idea to install a catch-can to the motor. Helps to keep carbon from building up on the valves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205