Trailer Wiring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
I have the '03 Expy with HD Tow Package. It came with the round 7 blade plug and the flat 4 pin plug. When I plug my camping trailer into the round 7, the running lights on the trailer are okay, but when I put the turn signal on (right or left), all of the running and brake lights flash, it also does it with the 4 pin. It works fine on my wifes Nissan Armada. What's the deal? Is it my ground wire?

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a pole/connector is [perhaps] different.
on my '97, i had to by a connector inside a connector to fit the 7-pin pigtail coming off the trailer to the expy wiring harness....never have liked the 4-wire setups.

PanHandler.

OP
OP
C

ccarnes2009

Reaction score
My wiring seems to be okay since it works fine on my wifes car...just don't understand why it's not working on mine.

Well...it ended up being the "ground" on my trailer. It was loose. Didn't realize how important that ground is...haha I tightened it up and all is good.