Transmission Lost OD Trans Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Folk's I have a 2005 Ford Expedition with 250k on the clock. My Transmission lost overdrive this weekend (Trans 4R75W). Most likely the servo ring broke. I have a lift with 35's. I do a lot of 300 mile jaunts plus go wheeling.

I am looking for recommendations on a good Reman trans that can handle constant use in OD pushing these tires. 1st, 2nd & 3rd work flawless.

I do have some good shops around to do a rebuild but have not had a chance to speak with them yet if I was looking to rebuild, with undates.

Thanks

OP
OP
Jb14

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Community I know I did not get any responses no big. But to update I found a shop that is going to rebuild my tranny this coming week with all the re manufactured upgrade plus adding a some stronger components and a shift kit to better handle road and off road needs. All for $1500 with 3 year warranty

kansas expy

Reaction score
Nice mine is in the shop for the same issue right now. Getting a nice upgrade and a custom torque converter.

kansas expy

Reaction score
New stall and he is building everything to the truck. So basically it's being built to match my truck perfectly until I pick it up I won't know exactly everything but it's all being built specifically for the truck the tires to power the cam.

Maloburro

Reaction score
Hi Community I know I did not get any responses no big. But to update I found a shop that is going to rebuild my tranny this coming week with all the re manufactured upgrade plus adding a some stronger components and a shift kit to better handle road and off road needs. All for $1500 with 3 year warranty

That seems like a good price. Where are you at? It may be worth the drive for a good rebuild.

OP
OP
Jb14

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have a place in Nevada so this was Las Vegas, and the jury is still out on the rebuild everything core trans wise seems to be working really well but I have a few nagging things that seem off, that I am figuring is just some fine tuning, but I have been away on business and haven't been able to take it back. I am still wondering if I should have just done a re-manufactured trans from Monster or Jasper. But I will know in a couple weeks.

Maloburro

Reaction score
I see, keep us posted. I lived in Vegas many years and still have family there. When I need to smog in 2 years I may get new cats sent there since 49 state legal parts are much cheaper than CARB.