Transmission Occasionally Slips out of Gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo Tuna

Reaction score
Every once in a while my transmission slips out of gear on the 1>2 upshift. I changed the fluid and the problem went away for a few months. The fluid was slightly burned and there was no debris in the pan or filter. It started acting up again, changed the fluid and it went away again. Now I am on the third attempt and this time it did not help as much.

When it misses the shift it seems to go into neutral until I come to a near complete stop. Then everything goes back to normal. Has anyone seen this? I am thinking it's a valve body issue but not sure.

Regards,
William

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every once in a while my transmission slips out of gear on the 1>2 upshift. I changed the fluid and the problem went away for a few months. The fluid was slightly burned and there was no debris in the pan or filter. It started acting up again, changed the fluid and it went away again. Now I am on the third attempt and this time it did not help as much.

When it misses the shift it seems to go into neutral until I come to a near complete stop. Then everything goes back to normal. Has anyone seen this? I am thinking it's a valve body issue but not sure.

Regards,
William

Year, make, model - transmission type?

Have you had the transmission scanned to determine if any diagnostics codes are set?

OP
OP
T

Turbo Tuna

Reaction score
Sorry 2014 Expedition 4WD. No I have not had the transmission scanned for codes. Would ForScan work for this. No regular SES codes thrown as of yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett