Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shutchins

Reaction score
What is a good tuner to install on my 2006 expel 5.4?
Looking for better towing power and gas mileage when not towing

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like my tunes from 5 star. I keep the towing/performance tune in it.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got an SCT X4 from MPT. Happy with it. Getting 17 mpg in town. But half my drive is freeway. I have a 2V though.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK - I am updating my post since it somewhat denigrated the outfit based on my experience with these folks, however I got an email early this Sunday morning (after a post I left on their website late night). It appears I did not fully understand the process - by definition I must hook up the X4 to the vehicle, read a strategy code and send back to them. I have now done so. I take back my complaint now.
Recognize that you must get the SCT X4 working first to hookup to the car and read the strategy code (or find the ECU and purportedly it is labeled accordingly). I will point out that with my Win 8.1 machine, the SCT computer software (not 5 Star Tuning's fault) would not properly download the drivers to my desktop. I had to find the proper driver files on their website (not a real challenge), then manually link them to the device in the control panel's device manager. After that, the SCT X4 communicated with my PC - I was able to verify that it was updated and current (it was). I then hooked it up to the car and read the code. I've emailed that back. I expect a prompt reply, so I'm a happier customer. It appears they will email me my tunes and then I update them to the device, then to the vehicle.

Last edited: