Turn Signal Issue - Constantly Blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamDoe1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New here and could use some help. Picked up a 1998 XLT for use as my hauling truck and have come across a problem. The turn signal light will constantly flash at the normal rate. This happens all the time, even when key is out of the ignition. Only thing that has stopped it is disconnecting the battery.

I've searched around a little and have found references to the Multi-Function switch being bad but those symptoms were totally dead turn signals, not ones that were on constantly.

Any ideas as to what the issue could be and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
SamDoe, I know this is going to sound silly, but climb into the truck and pull up on the Hazard switch. make sure that you do not have that button partially depressed. That can cause what you are seeing. It isn't the multifunction stalk as that would go away as soon as you turned the truck off. But, the hazard switch has power all the time.

OP
OP
S

SamDoe1

Reaction score
Thanks Thermo, I figured that out shortly after I posted this.:emotions122:

I normally work on BMW's so every time I see some potential electrical issue I think something catastrophic went wrong. :)

Thanks for the help!