2016 Rt Front turn signal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdrillco

Reaction score
My 2016 XLT was in collision on front mostly on right side damage. I have done all the repairs with one problem I can’t get passed. The right front turn signal and the one in right mirror are on solid even with key off. I did fix a couple wires that were pinched in wire harness coming from PDB going to electric steering and the other main harness was tugged pretty hard where it turns beside the lower radiator and frame but I can’t find any shiners where wires are skinned. All other turn signals and dash indicators work as they are supposed to to funny blinking no warnings what so ever. Now power is going to this circuit without any systems catching it so if it is a wire problem would it be before the circuit splits to the mirror but I suppose it could back feed but not having flasher relays could it be a controller problem? I would rather do 10 motor swaps than work on electrical issues. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
W

wdrillco

Reaction score
Thought I had it yesterday was unplugging harnesses one at a time from fuse panel to figure out what harness to start looking in and found a part of a harness that was melted from my welding the fender structure onto the cowl. I couldn’t test the fix before closing it up since I had removed the fuse panel to get slack in harnesses so I could get melted part from behind dash into engine compartment. Didn’t really find any bare wire in there so I got it all plugged back in and lights are still on. I was in process of chasing down the exact circuit that feeds the front rt turn signal when I found melted spot so my plan is to intercept the wire leaving the smart box fuse panel and if it’s hot there all time then I’m tapping it into rt trailer turn from power distribution panel east close fix. Still would love any input as to how to correctly fix this.