turned on heated seat, got AC seat (@17 F)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '17 Expy's heated driver's seat was great (one of my favorite features in a vehicle) until it wasn't. It went to cold instead.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but I never used to hear the fan when I activated the heat on the driver's seat. When I heard the fan kick on when I turned on the heater this time, I heard the blower immediately and thought this is different. It was, cold instead of hot.

Warranty expired. Anyone ever have this issue? Any ideas on fixes for a guy who wants no part of disassembling the dashboard? We have a lot more winter left and I'm gonna miss a warm seat!

thanks, Peter

Last edited:

craig72

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? My wife reported the exact same issue this morning with our '16, including the increase in fan noise.

OP
OP
H

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. I wrote that I jiggled the wires to the connections under the front passenger seat and it has been fine ever since. Just try pushing the connections together tighter.

Maybe I was just lucky but it's certainly worth a try.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65