Under hood heat shield or insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NotMyPorsche

NotMyPorsche

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback on this! I'm going to see if there is an aftermarket solution that is likely better and cheaper than FoMoCo's. Or, I'll just go without, since I tend to only keep vehicles for a couple years and the likelihood of issues in that time period is neglible.

So, I can get over that. What I can't get over is something I cannot readily fix, which is the fact that the LED on the key FOB doesn't light up green (or red) when I remote start the truck... WTF?!?! Presumably, this is just another "chip-shortage" cutback, but I really liked the feedback of whether my truck actually started!!! Does anyone know if that's across the board, or (again) did I just get the one they forgot to install that on?

Does anyone know if there is (or will be soon) a solution for any of the chip shortage cutbacks? I like 1) the hands-free liftgage, 2) the second row one-touch windows, 3) the auto start-stop (made me feel as if I was getting better mileage), 4) remote start feedback LED light on the key FOB. Without these, I know my Expy will be labeled a "covid vehicle", but beyond that, I really appreciated those functions.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The LEDs on my key fobs work (Oct '22 build). Mine came with auto start/stop.
I was told by the service department at my dealer that the hands-free liftgate was not retrofittable; have not verified that with other sources, though.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The LEDs on my key fobs work (Oct '22 build). Mine came with auto start/stop.
I was told by the service department at my dealer that the hands-free liftgate was not retrofittable; have not verified that with other sources, though.

Rule of thumb is most items are not retrofittable. All companies especially Ford use very specific wiring harnesses to save money and it contains the minimum needed to meet the options package.

sulatek

Reaction score
I picked up a new 2023 Expedition Limited (minus the second row one-touch windows, auto start/stop and hands-free lift gate of course!). After accepting delivery, I popped the hood and noticed the absence of any insulation. In every other vehicle I've owned it's been there. Is this another covid/supply chain issue, or is my new truck just missing it? Curious if everyone else has one.
At a time when Japanese, Korean and Chinese companies are seeking to develop their products

American corporations are self-destructing

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At a time when Japanese, Korean and Chinese companies are seeking to develop their products

American corporations are self-destructing
This is a truck forum not a political forum. Please act accordingly.
Just in case you didn't realize this is a warning to stop with the political posts.

@JUST4FUN

Fordman1976

Reaction score
I took delivery of my 2023 Expedition Limited in March. It too has no hood insulation. My 2019 Expedition Limited had insulation. Why is Ford charging more for less? Mine has more problems than my 2019.

Dahammer

Reaction score
I took delivery of my 2023 Expedition Limited in March. It too has no hood insulation. My 2019 Expedition Limited had insulation. Why is Ford charging more for less? Mine has more problems than my 2019.
I read that the stock owners (Wall Street) complained about low new vehicle prices to FORD. It started over at Lincoln Navigator being lowballed late last year. The price was raised from $12,000 to $15,000. Almost every other manufacturer raised prices. Some dealerships add a markup of $10,000 to $15,000 over MSRP.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fords Q4 2022 sales were down something like 80% YOY. Quality cuts and price increases aren’t working out so hot. I’m amazed when I listen to Jim Farley or Marry Barra speak and I realize just how dumb they are.

They seriously don’t think their inflated prices have anything to do with increasing inventory and declining sales. They actually sit there and wonder why more $100,000 trucks aren’t selling. Simple answer, there aren’t a ton of us who can comfortably afford a new truck at current prices, and those of us who can don’t make up a majority of the population…so of course sales are slumping and repos are up when the average person on an average salary cannot afford a base work truck. These car companies can either get their houses in order or go belly up.

Last edited:

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Timberline that was built in December of 2022 and it did come with a hood insulation panel. Maybe reserved for the 3.5 H.O.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants