Unexpected surge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ IZZ

Reaction score
I have i 2001 XLT Expedition 5.4L and there are times when i am slowing down or have just tapped the gas pedal to move forward (i.e. at a stoplight or pulling in to driveway) and have my foot on the brake i feel a quick surge as if the vehicle is trying to keep going forward. It is not all the time but enough for me to raise the question. Has anyone had any similar problems with their Expeditons? Any feedback would help. I have ~63k on it and have noticed it since i have owned the vehicle(bought new).

G

Vehicle surging at low speed

Greetings,

I had an '01 that exhibited the same thing. I noticed it mainly when I would be driving through a parking lot.

Th end result was a torque converter failure at 39k, which I had to fight Ford on for any assistance. My problem was detailed in technical service bulletin # 01-13-5. As you have made it to 63k with no failure, it may be an unrelated problem.

Good luck