Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm...ok I think I might give it a go. Question on the maps. In the link they talk about UK and EU are NA maps included? I would hate to have to navigate to Big Ben or something lol.

You select your region when you download the file.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did both my 2018 F150 snd 2018 Expedition. No issues with either. The color and layout are much cleaner. No performance issues. I am trying to figure out how to get the posted speed limit to display in the gauge cluster next to the digital speedo.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone notice a difference in performance(speed of menu transitions, etc)?

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did both my 2018 F150 snd 2018 Expedition. No issues with either. The color and layout are much cleaner. No performance issues. I am trying to figure out how to get the posted speed limit to display in the gauge cluster next to the digital speedo.

Is this possible???

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just did this install. This was super easy. Took about 35 mins or so on mine. Menu transitions are smooth, I do like the new layout and there are a few background color options that were not available before.

What's this about the speed limits in the gauge cluster???

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We really need a list of what is better about 3.4 to justify the risk and time. I have the updated maps for US already installed. Is there more functionality? Do maps show up in center drivers console screen? Is the stereo better? I mean, what does 3.4 actually give us over 3.0?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We really need a list of what is better about 3.4 to justify the risk and time. I have the updated maps for US already installed. Is there more functionality? Do maps show up in center drivers console screen? Is the stereo better? I mean, what does 3.4 actually give us over 3.0?

The differences have not been readily documented that I can find.

However, I have noticed the following:

- The look is cleaner and more modern
- Response is quicker and more accurate. I tend to have fewer incidents where I need to push twice to get it to respond.
- Everything except bluetooth pairing carried over from the upgrade to v3.4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze