Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
Does this update have an effect on Sirius XM subscriptions and/or ATT Hotspot subscriptions?

while it hasn’t affected my ATT hotspot sub, I cannot get to the hotspot settings in the menu anymore. The button just shows up as WiFi whereas before it showed WiFi & hotspot. I was able to configure my hotspot immediately after upgrading and I can still see the network name on my phone so I know it’s working but I can’t connect to it because it says my password is wrong. I found this out earlier today when I was trying to connect my daughters tablet to the hotspot. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the hotspot settings back?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
while it hasn’t affected my ATT hotspot sub, I cannot get to the hotspot settings in the menu anymore. The button just shows up as WiFi whereas before it showed WiFi & hotspot. I was able to configure my hotspot immediately after upgrading and I can still see the network name on my phone so I know it’s working but I can’t connect to it because it says my password is wrong. I found this out earlier today when I was trying to connect my daughters tablet to the hotspot. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the hotspot settings back?

Reboot 2 Times in a row. See if the settings come back. None that I have done with the Hotspot have had this issue. You did the last step and went to 19274 correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How come ford hasn’t officially released this version?

Only vehicles with 3.3 can go to 3.4 without a format.

Most likely any Vehicle that did not come with 3.3 will ever officially be released to go to 3.4 by Ford, because of the extra step of the format.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another improvement is the number of Applink apps that work via BT now that had to be hard wired before.

Not a big change by proves that just an update in the Future might give us Wireless CarPlay!

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
Reboot 2 Times in a row. See if the settings come back. None that I have done with the Hotspot have had this issue. You did the last step and went to 19274 correct?

Correct, I'm on 19274. I'll give the 2 reboots a shot when I have a chance. Thanks!

Johhn14

Reaction score
Are you guys assembling the USB directories yourselves or using the “simple” AIO download?

waiting to see a few more results here but will probably do the upgrade next weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971