Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought the Forscan device, so now I need to purchase the Forscan software (I think?), I'm planning on trying some things out this weekend. Want to try little things first (double honk, etc) before tackling Sync!

You can get the trial license for 2 months forever...you just have to keep generating it.

https://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I currently have Sync 3.4 version 20021 and wondering if there is a trick to get the posted speed limit to display in the IP. It shows on the navigation screen but not in the IP like on my 2020 F350. Is this a Forscan setting or another setting in the IP? Appreciate any help.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think mine shows in the IP when I have the compass/navigation screen selected. Have to look again but pretty sure it was there.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll give that a try. I usually run with the digital speedometer in view and my F350 will show the posted speed limit to the right of the indicated speed.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3.4 19200 I believe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LokiWolf - did the upgrade today from 3 to 3.4 19200 as it looked like the stable version, everything went well and I have to say, it was much faster than the standard USB upgrades, and I love that something as simple as a progress bar is visible during this upgrade (vs. the factory we won't tell you crap option).

However, I'm hoping you know of some workarounds for some things I immediately noticed. Looks like they caved and attached themselves to some new safety measures or something, but it's made simple operations completely stupid. For example, I have over 100GB of music on USB stick, that now I can't browse while the car is moving. Never had an issue with this before, and let me tell you, had a 6 hour drive today, not being able to select new folders and albums is ridiculous. It makes it almost useless. Also can't setup bluetooth either. I know I couldn't configure Android Auto while the vehicle was in motion but I could have sworn I could do bluetooth at least before this upgrade.

Now I can't even check versions while the car is in motion. It's so ridiculously stupid, Ford should be ashamed. If I can use the display to turn on massaging seats for god sake, why can't I select a different album, especially since it worked fine before 3.4. Any thoughts?

I do like the new interface though, much cleaner.

Last edited:

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Ok, I'm wanting to upgrade from 3.0 19025 to 3.4 20021 before a trip tomorrow. I used the cyanlabs installer and downloaded to the point where the pop up showed telling me to pull out USB and put in car. I put in car and it says it notices the usb but that's it. Never says it's updating.

I had this issue with the NA 18 maps 'free' update but eventually figured it out.

What simple thing am I missing? I had the folders in the usb closed. Then I tried opening SyncMyRide folder and same. Nada.

Thanks in advance!

Stay Classy!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I'm wanting to upgrade from 3.0 19025 to 3.4 20021 before a trip tomorrow. I used the cyanlabs installer and downloaded to the point where the pop up showed telling me to pull out USB and put in car. I put in car and it says it notices the usb but that's it. Never says it's updating.

I had this issue with the NA 18 maps 'free' update but eventually figured it out.

What simple thing am I missing? I had the folders in the usb closed. Then I tried opening SyncMyRide folder and same. Nada.

Thanks in advance!

Stay Classy!

For me, when I used the Cyanlabs USB, I remember it saying to remove the USB pretty much right after I put it in, I left it in. Didn't make sense to me that something with that much data on it would need to be removed that quickly (there's no way it transferred the data that fast). I left the thumbdrive in until the end when I said the upgrade was complete and it needed to reboot. But not sure about your given situation.

Oh, and I did do the two reset thing (power and right skip hold down) prior to the upgrade. But not sure if it mattered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205