Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Figured out the issue. I had my APIM changed via forscan to where i could input Nav while driving. This is done by changing the region to UK. Side note, this disables sync's ability to call 911 when the airbags deploy.

Yep! I hate that people call that setting Nav In Motion! Really is, like you discovered, set my location to Europe! One of my pet peeves.

I was just about to reply, then I saw you figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I enabled the UK mode on my '17 F350 - it annoyed me more that it changed the posted speed limit / warning.

WE (my passengers and I) dont even USE the Ford Nav...its out dated before I drive a vehicle off the lot. at best we use the (map) display to see the XM weather overlay. For nav we use Waze - its realtime traffic, realtime re-routing and police location data is invaluable.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like Cyanlabs updated to a downloader type program for ease of transfer etc. Interesting...

Yep, it helps to prevent people from downloading the wrong thing, cause they can’t read.

Also, there are detailed instructions for Firmware on the APIM now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 3.4 already and want to upgrade to 20022 and map19, do I have to reformat again?

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
They aren't giving out 2.4 Forscan anymore is there somewhere else to get it?

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
I found it but I'm using an ELM 327 so probably shouldn't attempt the firmware calibration.