Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patterrr

Reaction score
I'm still running my default Sync version on my '19 (3.0 build 19205), but decided to join the club here and upgrade. I've downloaded the new Cyanlabs tool and used it to download 3.4.20021.

So I have a couple questions, I'm sorry if they were already answered but I read all the Cyanlabs documentation and about 16 pages of this forum over the last few hours.
1) I can go directly from 3.0.19205 to 3.4.20021 right? I saw talk many posts back about going to an in-between version but the Cyanlabs tool seems happy to go straight to 3.4.20021...
2) Sounds like it takes about an hour to update. I haven't found anybody talking about how they keep the system on that whole time. Is there a way to keep it on accessory power that long? Or is it smart enough to stay awake that long while doing the update (in either case I think I'd attach a battery charger to play it safe), or is everybody just running their engine the whole time? Seems wasteful to run in the driveway that long, can the update be performed while driving somewhere an hour away?

Sorry about the noobs questions, thanks!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I drove a little, I idled. But yeah, keep it on.

Correct, going between those versions, it will have you use the format tool, and then install with 20021 and 19 Maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

patterrr

Reaction score
CyanLabs just released version 1.0.4.0 of the Ford Sync Update Downloader and they have now labeled version 3.4.20021 as "HAS ISSUES". I'm assuming these are the issues that have already been mentioned in this thread.

The other options that it currently offers are 3.4.19274 and 3.4.19101.

aziz

Reaction score
Hi all i would like to update my sync but i don't know the steps can some one help me

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CyanLabs just released version 1.0.4.0 of the Ford Sync Update Downloader and they have now labeled version 3.4.20021 as "HAS ISSUES". I'm assuming these are the issues that have already been mentioned in this thread.

The other options that it currently offers are 3.4.19274 and 3.4.19101.

Running 20021 on my 2020 Expedition and my 2020 Explorer with no real issues. Not sure what they are talking about.

WALoeIII

Reaction score
I performed this update and 3.4 is working great in the center screen. Does the mismatch in color palettes bug anyone else between the instrument panel and the center screen? Maybe I missed something, my instrument panel is still 3.0 "looking". Is this what would change with the APIM flash?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I performed this update and 3.4 is working great in the center screen. Does the mismatch in color palettes bug anyone else between the instrument panel and the center screen? Maybe I missed something, my instrument panel is still 3.0 "looking". Is this what would change with the APIM flash?

Nope APIM update will make no difference on Instrument panel.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Running 20021 on my 2020 Expedition and my 2020 Explorer with no real issues. Not sure what they are talking about.

Running 20021 for over a month plus and no issue on my end too.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk