Upgrade to Satellite Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstrbass

Reaction score
I have a 07 EB EL- it has the audiophile radio no dvd or navigation. It did not come with satellite service. I talked to the dealer today about upgrade as the manual indicates it is satellite compatible. Was told had to have a Sat. button ( which my 04 did). The new radios do not have a Sat button and is not shown in manual. Was told if did not have Sat button it would cost 2-3000 yes thousand to upgrade to Satellite. Since sticker is only $195 on Satellite upgrade I do not understand what is going on. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

johnnystar

Reaction score
Always add a zero or 2 when it comes to dealer. Usually i take my stuff to Stereo/Sat install guys. Same as i did for remote key start.
they are a lot less expensive. Just make sure its a reputive dealer, not some guy named Bubba Ray behind the mall, who does it for $20 and a 40 of O.E.

Im gonna have the sat/nav upgrade too me thinks!
I want to find out if the new cd players with the flip out 8"dvd screen are also able to host the nav/sat stuff, if so thats the way i wanna go!

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnnystar I want to find out if the new cd players with the flip out 8"dvd screen are also able to host the nav/sat stuff, if so thats the way i wanna go! [/B]
You don't mean stock flipout? I have the Pioneer AVIC-N3, and LOVE IT. Navigation, XM Satellite radio, and easily bypassed to have DVD video while the vehicle is in motion :)

johnnystar

Reaction score
No not a stock one. I was looking at the alpine DVD player. I found out the higher models, will run a second screne for the back passengers, as well as running sat/nav system.
The Deck is about 550 bucks, and if i pay the extra 100, then you get the harness that allows your volume/search controls on the steering wheel to still function the deck.
Otherwise you, cant control an after market deck. & i gotsta have that work..cuz thats how i roll!

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A Nav/DVD/Sat Ready flip out for $550? Nice! grab it at that price!! Yes I know of the PAC steering wheel controls also. nice adapterr to have