Upgraded brake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an upgraded braking kit available for 2001 expedition. I know my buddy just made the tundra upgrade on his 4runner, to a 4 piston caliper. I was wondering if they made those kind of kits for our expy's.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mbaessler

Reaction score
I was unhappy with my brakes especially towing my tent trailer. I upgraded the pads and rotors to Powerstop Exstreme brake and tow. What a difference they made. The truck stops so much better. I got it from Autoanything.
Mike

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Going with a decent rotor like above and adding good quality ceramic pads to the truck is the only affordable way to upgrade the brakes.

Big brake kits for the Expedition / F150 easily cost $2500 to $3500 minimum.

RedDragon777

Reaction score
For sure i know SSBC makes a BB kit, i am planning on that kit. But for now i ordered a set of slotted rotors and pads from Stoptech.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i really like the powerstop drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads really makes these pigs stop in a hurry faster then alot of compact cars...

200 for all 4 corners shipped to your door

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
I actually spent some time researching this as I have been in search for a big/upgraded brake kit for a while. I ended up going with the Powerstop (slotted/drilled) rotors and their brakes Z36. Part no. K1869-36. Did some shopping around and I ended up using JC Whitney's coupon code to price match and buy them through Auto Anything (this site is actually very good, especially with a one year lower price guarantee). I put them on this past weekend and they have saved me 3 times already. Living in Atlanta with the traffic is terrible. I hate driving into the city to go to work. But these do the trick.

I have only done the front's and they are 3x better than the stock option (in my opinion). More grip, more bite and they actually stop on a dime.

I am going to save up now for the rear kit so I can get the full experience of a decent set of rotors and brakes all the way around.

***If you do get these, make sure you follow the break in instructions***

I should have taken pictures, but installation was a breeze as well!