USB box slide door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobward757

Reaction score
Hello friends, take a look at the picture here. I’m referring to the compartment with the USB outlets in it just below the heater controls. My slide door doesn’t catch any more when you push it in. Clearly, some thing is interfering with the roller cam and preventing it from staying open. My dealer said he can take it all out fix it put it back together for about an hour and a half of labor. . Are any of you familiar with this problem and an easier sex? Thank you in advance,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 9

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are any of you familiar with this problem and an easier sex?
Well, it's not getting married, that's for sure! :D

Not sure about your other issue though. I'd like to know how to disassemble that whole thing as I'd like to wrap some parts. Hoping those instructions come in this thread.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im actually pleasantly surprised they say it will only take an hour and a half labor....

I figured the Dealer would have said its a 12 hour job because they would Have to remove the whole front dash including the steering column, drop the transmission and remove the entire engine, and remove all wheels just to get to that sliding door and change it... oh and then have to reprogram the module that "monitors" the sliding door.... for an additional fee of $600 and you would have to drop the car off to get in "line" that is about 2 months out...