User changeable settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjtully

Reaction score
A lot of threads talk of turning things on and off - auto lift gate, lighting, various sensors, etc - requiring a trip to the dealer to get them turned off (reprogramming/flashing some chip) . ANC is another one. It would be nice if Ford added a screen with the list of items owners can turn on or off. Simple screen listing items on the left and a slide on-off button to the right, just like many phone apps use to enable/disable features. As a Software Engineer I can't envision this being a difficult thing to add at the next software update. This would allow those that have their vehicles parked for long periods of time (I for one drive my 2003 Expy on average once a week) can disable sensors to keep the battery from running down/low and causing other issues.

OP
OP
K

kjtully

Reaction score
:doh2: Well, don't I feel sheepish...finally downloaded the user manual and it looks like a lot of the settings can be changed by traversing the Settings menu.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan is also a viable option - it allows you to change almost if not everything that the dealer can do. For about $100 for the software (if you want if for more than 2 months) and the hardware required; obd2 USB adapter.

GT350driver

Reaction score
I just went through the advanced settings to disable the feature where you lock the doors with the key fob...then right away push the key fob again and all the windows roll completely down.
It happened to me at work without me knowing that the key fob that was in my pants pocket got pressed by my wallet when i sat down. I cant even imagine what I'd use this feature for...all I know is Im thankful this didn't happen t in the airport parking lot. Imagine leaving you vehicle anywhere and having this happen....

goathead

Reaction score
I just went through the advanced settings to disable the feature where you lock the doors with the key fob...then right away push the key fob again and all the windows roll completely down.
It happened to me at work without me knowing that the key fob that was in my pants pocket got pressed by my wallet when i sat down. I cant even imagine what I'd use this feature for...all I know is Im thankful this didn't happen t in the airport parking lot. Imagine leaving you vehicle anywhere and having this happen....
I've had this feature on other vehicles and it is handy when it's 100+ degrees outside and you can roll the windows down while walking towards your vehicle to let out all the extremely hot air. Also, the 'global' up feature is nice too; you can roll all of them up with the fob by holding the lock button.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni