using f250 coils for lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverExpy

Reaction score
Well I've started saving for my lift and I've already decided that I'm going to use the 4-5" f150 lift kit in the front but I'm having a hard time finding any good info as far as using the coils for the rear. I've heard you can trim them a little and they work but I'd like to know a little more before I invest. And I'm on my phone so the search button isn't working..

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I heard someone doing this I forgot his forum name..
But you could always get fabtech lift coils.
Compared to my 3 1/2 in spacer I made there only 1 inch taller. Both with weight on them

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get 5" out of the RCX lift in the front. For the rear, you can do spacers or you can do the 5" Fabtech springs. I would recommend you buy their rear kit so you get the track bar drop bracket as well. I went through Rocky Mountain Suspension.

OP
OP
S

SilverExpy

Reaction score
Big green ford- are those those the coils I'd need to use, and then just add a 3 inch coil spacer.

If not, would I just need to contact fabtech and order the lift coils and track bar drop bracket?

Sorry for the probably obvious questions, I'm just not having luck in research.

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah don't forget the drop for the track bar, and also the pitch of the pinion depending on how high you go. You also need to lower rear sway bar mounts.
It all depends on how much lift you put in it. :flamingdevil:

4-6" not much problem over that you can have some issues like I did.