Vent for front differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am guessing this is the vent tube for the front differential.
My tube is just floating around on the break booster, I see a mounting clip around the tube to secure it to the teuck somewhere.

Can someone take a photo of where their tube is mounted.

I am not seeing where it should go.

20200517_200529.jpg

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is mounted on the stud on the brake booster as shown in the photos.

IMG_0430[1].JPG

IMG_0431[1].JPG

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s good info to have. I just watched this FordTechMakuloco video about service the front diff. Very informative and shows all the steps. Thought I’d post it here:

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s good info to have. I just watched this FordTechMakuloco video about service the front diff. Very informative and shows all the steps. Thought I’d post it here:

crappy part about this is the metal that is settled in the bottom cant be completely eliminated!

interesting that nothing came out of that fill hole when he pulled the plug.
I disagree w/ his dismissal of the milky color....notice when he pumped new gear lube in the 1st overflow was water again......id be pulling that cover!

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
crappy part about this is the metal that is settled in the bottom cant be completely eliminated!

interesting that nothing came out of that fill hole when he pulled the plug.
I disagree w/ his dismissal of the milky color....notice when he pumped new gear lube in the 1st overflow was water again......id be pulling that cover!
This is true, but for the DIYer, it might the most affordable way get the job done. The milky color is also attributed to the initial grease Ford puts in the case during manufacturing. Why Ford didn’t put a drain plug on this is criminal. Same with being able to service the transmission and have a damn dipstick you can check the levels from the engine bay.

Last edited:

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My other vehicle doesn't even come with a dip stick for the oil. If you want one you have to order it and install it yourself. Crazy...

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My other vehicle doesn't even come with a dip stick for the oil. If you want one you have to order it and install it yourself. Crazy...
Criminal the way they are trying to stop the shade tree mechanic from even doing simple services.