Ventilated seats VS cooled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how much better the ventilated seats cool you off verses the cooled seats with the peltier chip cooling system?
I have had the cooled seat option in my last 4 vehicles & the ventilated seats seem to cool off much faster & also do a better job of keeping my HINEY cool:)

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can verify that statement. It was turned on by the dealer, and I kept mighty cool on my drive home

DogDad

Reaction score
Not sure of your references as this is my first Ford in a while. It seems to go against logic that cooled seats don’t cool as well as just ventilated seats...unless fan speed/air volume is higher with just ventilation.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Technically the seats are cooled and ventilated. They blow cold air-conditioned air through the seat. Have this in my F-350 and while it’s nice, the Expedition’s seats also push some air out of the seat back and that is a great addition. Our ‘14 Explorer was the first car we had with cooled seats of any sort and I didn’t care for it as it was the peltier type and it made for an awkward cold spot.

In contrast, we have another vehicle with ventilated seats that provides no cooling. In fact it pulls air in through the seat. When it’s on, it feels like it’s doing nothing. But turn it off and it becomes instantly obvious that it was helping... I much prefer the blast of cold air coming out through the seats, especially when it’s 100°F outside.