Want a good DVD double din headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bd1980

Reaction score
I have an 07 Limited EL I just bought and the factory nav stereo is already crapping out. I don't really have a need for nav, my Samsung Galaxy S3 Google maps does me just fine when I need it.
Here's my list
- Retain all factory functions
- Play DVD with the factory rear entertainment (while in motion)
- Not cost me a fortune
- Accept a rear backup camera function in reverse

Its been years since I've been into aftermarket stereos. I need help please. Thanks!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pioneer or Kenwood all the way. :waytogo:

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pioneer or Kenwood all the way. :waytogo:

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

They will do the job...u will need other harnessing and adaptors to keep the steering wheel and rear functions but ot can be done...search on crutchfield.com and they will show everything thats on the market today with pricing...they're having a sale now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
B

bd1980

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies! I found this one. Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Motorized Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics
Between crutchfield and amazon, it seems pretty good, mostly good reviews.
- Is there a video out coming from the factory rear DVD so I can view movies at the same time as the rear?
- Is this the correct wiring harness that I'll need to integrate everything to retain factory features? Metra 71-5520-1 2007 - 2008 FORD EXPEDITION EL EDDIE BAUER Car Audio Radio Wire Harness - 71-5520-1_17098

Thanks again!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont care for the motorized screens cuz they malfunction...you can get a DD in ur truck

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont care for the motorized screens cuz they malfunction...you can get a DD in ur truck

Freeway, back in the day and on low end units I would agree. BUT with the current higher end models and quality units I see VERY few failures.

OP
OP
B

bd1980

Reaction score
I am a little apprehensive too on the motorized part but it IS a double din, that's why I want it and only want a double din. A single din in a big opening filled in with an adapter just looks cheap and wrong to me. From what I saw on the pioneer site, the motorized part is to adjust the angles of the display which I think might be nice.
I'm more worried about the wiring harness, which one I need to buy and how to link it together with my factory DVD.
Thanks for the replies, keep em coming.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can u post a pic of this unit? i have the angle option on my DDIIN and its not motorized...if youre good...WE'RE GOOD...lol

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that AVH-X5500BHS is a slick unit. the face motorizes down and out about 2/3 of the way to put in CD/DVDs. The angle option is a motorized feature, I believe its has 5 preset angles that's pretty easy to access.