We got our new 2024 Ford Expedition Platinum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Hall

Reaction score
I checked with Ford Customer Care about upgrading the BlueCruise on My '24 Platinum and they couldn't give me a date but they said that it is expected that everyone will have 1.2 by year-end. I did just receive a new BlueCruise map.

GregTu

Reaction score
I checked with Ford Customer Care about upgrading the BlueCruise on My '24 Platinum and they couldn't give me a date but they said that it is expected that everyone will have 1.2 by year-end. I did just receive a new BlueCruise map.
Thanks Craig,

That’s both interesting and confusing. I’ve read a number of articles and posts about 1.3 and 1.4 coming for other Ford vehicles. The implication being that 1.1, 1.2, and maybe 1.3 being skipped for a 1.4 release.

I guess I’m also assuming that feature sets are the same/similar across different vehicles which would make sense. Maybe too much sense for Ford.

At this point receiving any update would be a plus as they always seem to be 6 months away.

Thanks for the info!

Greg

Tiger Bob

Reaction score
Worried about scratches on the rims? Get some rim protectors. They've saved me from a couple of nasty gouges already.

OP
OP
SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know what version of BlueCruise is installed on your car? We picked up a similar ‘24 Platinum in October with BC 1.0 and still waiting for our first update.

Congrats on the the new Expedition!

Thanks,
Greg
We tested BlueCruise for a short while yesterday. It disengaged when the blinkers were turned on.

GregTu

Reaction score
We tested BlueCruise for a short while yesterday. It disengaged when the blinkers were turned on.
Ok, that’s weird. We took a trip from IL to FL this winter and used BC extensively. Never had that happen.

We had the more typical lane wonder and several occasions where wind or a bump put it into an oscillation with wheel moving back and forth correcting for chassis rolling back and forth. The only way to stop it was grab the wheel.

I really want the upgrade that shades the car away from other traffic and closer to the open side of the lane. I never realized how much I prefer the outside tires on or near the lane line while passing or being passed.

While not fully confident hands free (I would typically have a hand lightly on, or near the steering wheel) it did make driving less exhausting. We were able to extend our second day and make it to our first destination instead of needing a couple hours on the third day.