WeatherTech Cargo liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the large cargo liner for my 2018 (for when the 3rd row is down). When its in place does a great job. Problem is, it doesn't stay in place. If you put anything back there, it slides around on the carpet until it's bunched up at the gate.

I tried getting velcro from Depot. It holds no prob to carpet - but comes right off the liner. Yes, I used RA to clean it before.

I contacted WeatherTech. They got back to me immediately and told me they'd mail out something to solve it. Two days later some flimsy velcro strips arrived that don't stick to anything.

Lastly, I just tried the 'heavy-duty' Velcro from Amazon. Doesn't stick to liner either.

Any ideas? I know the other manufacturer has small little feet on the bottom of theirs. I might have to switch.

Thanks!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
As a last resort, you might apply the Velcro to a sheet of plastic that it will stick to and pop rivet the plastic onto the cargo liner. Or perhaps you can find some plastic rivets that would attach the Velcro, or those brass paper fasteners with the two "feet" that bend outward to hold it.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Somebody (maybe a member on here?) suggested spraying the underside with some of that rhino-lining type stuff you can pick up at Home Depot. It’s basically like non-slip material you spray on.

(I am just relaying information, I have no idea if this would actually work.)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it was a member on her and it was a spray rhino liner type product. I’ve been meaning to do mine but I’ve never experienced it bunching up.... how hard are you accelerating?!? lol

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine slides toward the rear about an inch, but nothing where it bunches up either...

OP
OP

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the Rhino idea. Will try that.

I thought about rivets for the velcro. That will be my next step if the spray doesn't work.

It's mostly a combination of my dogs, and me unloading stuff from there that moves it around.

OP
OP

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just an update to this. I sprayed on a coat of plastic primer and 2 coats of bedliner. Achieved some margin of success. The liner does not move nearly as much now with the bedliner. But what the bedliner did allow me to do is to get the stick-on 3M velcro to actually stick. At least for now. We'll have to see if that adhesive holds once its hot again.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Husky liner doesn’t move at all. Stays put. And it too is made in the USA.

6441cf324de7f11148db64bf9fba3615.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, after looking in the back of my regular length model I’m always blown away by how much room is in the back of the MAX, I like that mat too.