Weight Distribution Hitch Sway Control for V-nose enclosed trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigd9247

Reaction score
You could also look at the Andersen Hitch. https://andersenhitches.com/pages/weight-distribution-hitch

I use it with a 7x14 enclosed trailer and it's worked very well for me. You can loosen or tighten the chains depending on the amount of weight in the trailer. It also doesn't need to be removed when backing up and works just fine with the backup assist. However, I do think they recommend drilling one hole on either side of the trailer tongue for a set screw to keep the chain mounts from sliding. My trailer is not aluminum so I welded the chain mounts to the tongue.

I've used this setup behind my 2018 F150 and my wife's 2019 Expedition Max and it works great on both.

OP
OP
Z

zoey2015

Reaction score
I have read a lot of good things about Andersen hitches

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would recommend a hitch system that local places sale/install. I went with the Reese and am very happy with it and like it a lot BUT none of the trailer places in my area carry the Reese WDH so getting parts is always a mail order thing. If I would have checked around local first I probably would have gone with a different brand so I could get parts local. Not a huge deal but there were a couple times now I have lost a part or damaged something and almost missed going on a trip because I couldn't get a part in time. Just something to think about.