What all is involved in replacing the Smart Junction Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeAndre

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition that is now turning on the Hazard light while just sitting. I had to pull the battery cable to stop the battery from getting drained. From searching the internet it sounds like the common issue is with the Smart Junction Box. It also sounds like or I haven't seen an easy fix or work around to fixing the issue other than replacing the Smart Junction Box. I know enough about working on cars to be able to do any mechanical work. Has anyone here had to replace their SJB and if so what all did you have to do? What were the cost? Are new part evan available or should I be looking at buying a used SJB? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I also would like to note I found a lot of issues on the net mentioning the SJB needing replaced but haven't seen any info where person came back and detailed what they did to fix it.

OP
OP
M

MikeAndre

Reaction score
Do the flashers stop if you unplug the multifunction switch there at the steering column ? That's what controls the flashers. It could just be a bad multifunction switch.
My Hazard switch is not on my steering column. It is on the Dash above the Radio. Which is just a simple momentary switch that triggers the hazard function on the Smart Junction Box/BCM/Fuse box. The switch functions as it should. I actually use the switch to shut the flashers off. There are plenty of cases on the internet where people have experiencing the same exact issue and all of the ones I seen have stated it is the SJB.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We had a Crown Vic that illuminated its right headlight when it rained. Parked with the keys out. Smart junction box that wasn't smart.

pablo_picasso

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition that is now turning on the Hazard light while just sitting. I had to pull the battery cable to stop the battery from getting drained. From searching the internet it sounds like the common issue is with the Smart Junction Box. It also sounds like or I haven't seen an easy fix or work around to fixing the issue other than replacing the Smart Junction Box. I know enough about working on cars to be able to do any mechanical work. Has anyone here had to replace their SJB and if so what all did you have to do? What were the cost? Are new part evan available or should I be looking at buying a used SJB? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I also would like to note I found a lot of issues on the net mentioning the SJB needing replaced but haven't seen any info where person came back and detailed what they did to fix it.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same issues with my 2007 Ford Expedition Limited. I have pulled/replaced the fuse 20A #6 but it keeps triggering the hazard switches. When I pull the fuse after about 5 - 7 minutes it will STOP flashing. And won't flash again. But then after a couple of days I plug in a new fuse and it'll start flashing an hour or so later (presumably once the fuse has gotten hot (due to current)). I have the switch on the dash above the radio control so we don't have a Hazard Fuse Relay like some of the other models.

I am looking at replacing the Smart Junction Box as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett